Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dance of Creation... Learning and Growth


Trans Conscient Learning... TCL
Trans Conscient Learning (TCL) is a unique approach to teaching, training, coaching and facilitation which causes a dramatic and sustainable shift in people. “Conscient” is a term combining the spirit of “Conscious” and “Sentient”. The TCL method, therefore, goes beyond conscious thought and subconscious programming, and is one of the most powerful and effective ways to create a lasting shift in people and groups.

  
The Dance of Creation : Getting to Know The TCL Facilitator
We are all knowledgeable people. Because that is what, somewhere deep within ourselves we believe in. And, may be, rightly so. We have worked hard and have acquired all that knowledge through experience, application, experimentation and study. 

But with knowledge comes pride. Pride in our own definition of who we are.  Our knowledge is a good ego massage. Indeed, often it is the knowledge we possess, the “known” that we have – which is the source of our ego and identity in the first place.

Knowledge is also security. A nice cocoon within which we can be comfortable in being who we are and be protected from the unsuspected dangers of the unfamiliar.

Nothing wrong or right about it. It’s just the way we are all made as human beings. However, as a TCL facilitator, you are someone who chooses not to operate out of knowledge while, at the same time, constantly building the reservoir of knowledge.

A TCL facilitator operates from the space of love, commitment and care rather than a space of knowledge and pride. He chooses to be driven by people he is working with – their mental and emotional states. He is not occupied by what he has to give. His only commitment is how people get what they need to get at that point in time.

He is not there to prove a point. His only purpose is to truly serve. He taps his own reservoirs of knowledge only if it is needed and always for the purpose of serving – nothing else. For him, knowledge is an invaluable slave but a hopeless master. And so you will often find him transcending his own knowledge barriers and dancing freely in the space of unknown and unfamiliar – the dance of creation which is the source of his work.

At this stage he has transcended the trappings of his own ego and identity.  He soars freely and is somehow connected to bigger sources of knowledge and inspiration which are otherwise unavailable to him. It is in this space that the magic happens.

I am sure you all have experienced this to varying degrees in the course of your work. I have myself had many wonderful experiences and each of those experiences have, some way or the other, contributed to my own growth. I have experienced a few things whenever I am in this state –

Assumptions and judgments are automatically kept aside. All conscious thought is kept aside and I allow my deep subconscious to manifest.

I say and do whatever emerges spontaneously from deep within me.

There is no stiffness, no fear, no ‘performance anxiety’. I can truly play to the hilt and have lot of fun.

Everything is allowed to flow in the trust that whatever comes up is OK. Intuition can truly function now.

I am very comfortable with my body. Physically I can do much more than I thought myself capable of.

I am very comfortable with my feelings and emotions. I can express myself 100% effortlessly.

My breathing is deep and regular and sometimes I find myself in an almost meditative state.

My attention is 100% focused.

At times, I feel like a master conduit through which the group is getting connected through a bigger source somewhere. A source that is neither understood by me nor do I feel any need to understand it. I feel the source as grace.

When you express from your subconscious, it is often not possible for others to hold on to their own conscious makeup for too long and soon they also start operating from their deeper being … without fear and inhibitions… there is an instant connection between all the subconscious in that space which resonates together to increase the overall energy of the group…

This phenomenon (perhaps what Jung calls counter transference) is the very source which creates the context or space for any meaningful work to happen. And once that space is established and you are able to hold that context, the content, whatever it may be, automatically becomes immensely powerful.

It is in this space that the growth and development of the participants as well as the facilitator is inevitable.

Therefore, to my mind, the only objective and obligation of a teacher or a trainer should be to create this space – sourcing it out of himself; and learning to be a TCL facilitator is nothing but to diligently work out the ability to do so…anytime, at will.

I wonder how many teachers, trainers and facilitators even see this as a possibility. If not, where will you stand when the business of information and knowledge transfer is usurped by Google Dev, and better for that!

As a good facilitator, you are like a mid-wife. Which is to say that you are 
neither the father nor the mother and the birth might well happen without you. 
However, without you the whole process would be far more agonizing for everyone!


To facilitate is to catalyze a creative process...



No comments:

Post a Comment